Showcases: June 29th & 30th 2019
Toronto Centre for the Arts
ONTARIO CONTEMPORARY CIRCUS SHOWCASE SCHEDULE
SATURDAY JUNE 29th, 2019
|8pm ||Circus Sessions Week 2 Showing|
SUNDAY JUNE 30th, 2019
**Schedule- subject to change**
ABOUT THE VENUE
TORONTO CENTRE FOR THE ARTS
5040 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario, M2N 6R8
CALL TO ARTISTS
Are you a circus creator wanting to connect with presenters and share your work with the world?
Toronto, Ontario. Femmes du Feu, with the support of Ontario Arts Council and The Toronto Centre For The Arts (TO Live), is looking for an array of Ontario circus artists/creators/companies that are interested in connecting with presenters and sharing their work.
In its inaugural year, the Ontario Contemporary Circus Showcase, is an opportunity for you to network with presenters from venues across Ontario including festivals, performing arts centres, and theatres. It is also a chance for artists/creators/companies from different regions and disciplines to connect and grow stronger together as a circus community through the sharing of ideas, resources, and experiences in the field.
This is a 2-day (June 29 & 30, 2019) event intended to connect members of the industry. Activities will consist of panel discussions, Speed Dating pitch, a networking event, and an artist showcase. In your proposal, please indicate which activities you/your company are interested in participating in during the event, including your proposal for the artist showcase performance. The Showcase performance aims to present an array of circus artists from across Ontario and will showcase a pre-selected group of 6-8 artists/companies. This performance will also be open to the public.
• The whole circus sector is invited to the panel discussion, Showcase and networking closing reception. The panel and reception are free. The showcase is directed towards presenters, but we are opening the doors to the public and peers allow for a more diverse viewership.
• The event takes place June 30th, 2019
• Tickets will be available through the box office at The Toronto Centre For The Arts
• A $500 honorarium will be paid to artists in the Showcase performance.
• There will be a meeting prior to the event for participating artists.
• A panel, closing party, the networking event is free and open to ALL artists
• The Speed Dating Pitch is a fun and intimate opportunity to talk about your project with small groups of professionals. You will have a table to set up and presenters will move from table to table with a 10-minute time frame to learn about the different projects.
Submission deadline: April 14, 2019
Send submissions to Holly Treddenick (email@example.com)
Notification date: April 22, 2019
Please include in your submission the following:
• Specify if you are interested in showing work in the Showcase performance or pitching work in the Speed Dating Pitch.
• Description of the work you want to propose (max 200 words)
• Bio of artist or company (max 200 words)
• Address & contact info
• 1-3 video links
Are you interested in booking a circus act, but you’re not sure where to start?
Toronto, Ontario, Femmes du Feu, with the support of Ontario Arts Council and The Toronto Centre For The Arts (To live) is looking for an array of presenters from venues across Ontario and Canada, including festivals, performing arts centres, theatres, to network and connect with members of the Ontario circus community.
This is a 2-day, industry-only event aimed at promoting, educating and connecting presenters and artists. Activities will consist of panel discussions, pitch sessions, networking events, and an artist showcase performance. Presenters will be able to speak directly with Ontario-based circus artists/companies from a variety of disciplines, including aerial arts, juggling, clowning, and acrobatics and have the opportunity to learn from the artists themselves how booking circus performances can enhance and elevate a venue’s offerings. Additionally, presenters are encouraged to discuss expectations/needs with artists and companies participating. The event culminates with a showcase performance by artists/companies of various disciplines.
If your venue is interesting in participating in the Ontario Circus Showcase, please RSVP Miranda Forbes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Femmes du Feu: Femmes du Feu has an ongoing commitment to the development of the Ontario circus community. Since 2007, Femmes du Feu have been actively creating and presenting aerial circus works, researching innovative ways to combine their contemporary dance and choreographic backgrounds with their aerial circus skills, and promoting growth within the Ontario circus community through initiatives such as Aer Time and Circus Sessions.